[Magdalen] Designated Hitter

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu Oct 23 12:07:50 UTC 2014

I agree with Jim H on this matter of utmost importance and integrity in the way
of the natural order. Making the pitcher bat adds opportunities for strategy
that adds a certain chess-like aspect to the game. But then, I've also concluded
that taking the pitcher out for no other reason than he's approaching 100
pitches is anathema, as is the related matter of having so many pitchers,
relievers, closers etc. on the roster limits the ability for strategy anyway.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie