[Magdalen] gas prices?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 18:26:21 UTC 2014

Speaking of wood stoves, we have bought a pellet stove, which was an
interesting process. We discovered when we first set out to buy one that
almost all of them depend on ELECTRICITY for the fan and blower, which
seems pretty counterintuitive, if you're trying to save energy.....DUH! So
we went back to square one, since we already had a wood stove, and started
looking again. S/O, in his usual methodical way, hunted around until he
found this: http://www.wisewaypelletstoves.com The WiseWay pellet stove is
basically a wood stove that burns the same pellets as pellet stoves, but
has a unique gravity feed system that eliminates the mechanical and
electrical necessities. As far as we know, we'll be the only people in the
area to have one. There is an outfit in Charlottesville that installs them,
but we asked our chimney service if they could do it. After some dickering
back and forth, they finally agreed to do all but the final tiny
connection.....some little thing to do with insurance, I gather. It's not a
big deal and the guy will show S/O what to do. It arrives in a couple of
weeks. Our existing wood stove will be migrated to the workshop and next
year will be properly installed there so we can heat that decently at last.
It is damned hard to do any lapidary when half of you is freezing due to
inadequate and uneven space heaters.