[Magdalen] gas prices?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu Oct 23 18:21:53 UTC 2014

From: Charles Wohlers

>Yes, and I'm sure that when you moved to Scranton you installed a woodstove

In case you didn’t know, Woodstoves are pretty efficient at pumping carbon into
the atmosphere. Renewables per se do not address Global Warming.

But it should be noted that unlike those who talk the talk but don’t walk the
walk, it appears that the younger generation is paying attention:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/upshot/where-the-graduates-are-going-and-where-they-already-are.html

Note that only one of the top cities attracting college graduates does not have
rail transit -- Indianapolis. Places that have been traditionally hostile to
transit are chasing away the graduates/millenials, like Detroit.

And while we're at it, it should be noted that millenials are a big concern to
the autmakers, as they tend to not care about getting their drivers license, let
alone a car:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/us/report-finds-americans-are-driving-less-led-by-youth.html

. . . even the automakers are concerned:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/business/media/to-draw-reluctant-young-buyers-gm-turns-to-mtv.html

So at least the youngsters are concerned,even as the boomers continue in denial.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie