[Magdalen] gas prices?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 00:48:41 UTC 2014

In a message dated 10/23/2014 7:34:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

We had a clothesline behind ours and we hung clean undies
on it  at night so they'd be warm in the  morning.>>>>>

My Aunt Nora, a seamstress by trade - and a really good one at that -
lived next to the New York Central (or was it Pennsy?) main line  tracks
at the Illinois-Indiana border at Monee, Ill.  There were about 10  parallel
tracks.

The tracks were deeply depressed through that town with numerous
bridges over the tracks.  He clotheslines were about two hundred  feet
from the tracks.  Whenever the increasingly rare steam  locomotive
went by and the smoke blew on her clothes, she would stand at the  edge
of the tracks shouting with waving arms.

Soon enough, the diesels took over.  Nora couldn't have been  happier.

David Strang.