[Magdalen] Designated Hitter

James Oppenheimer oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 16:40:57 UTC 2014

I keep seeing this subject heading and think of the Hitler Rule.

I think the designated hitter was an attempt to respond to low scores. We
had games where nobody scored, and the game might be one to nothing at the
end.  If it kept up like that, people wouldn't come.

James W. Oppenheimer
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente