[Magdalen] Magdalen] gas prices?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Oct 25 16:42:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com> wrote:

> One easy solution, at least with a parent, is simply to remove the car.
> My ex-husband took the train up to NJ to visit his folks and drove their car
> back to VA. End of problem.

In our co-op building in Brooklyn, we had 76 spaces for 104 apartments. When
they needed to empty the garage for a few days for some major maintenance work,
it was discovered that at least 12 cars were inoperable and had been for
years -- elderly residents who couldn’t/shouldn’t drive anymore but just couldn’t
give up the car :"just in case.:

It was a difficult situation, but the tow operator offered to make the cars
roadworthy again, and ten of the residents had the work done!

In the 16 years we lived there, we never got to the top of the wait list.

Cheers,
Jim