[Magdalen] Magdalen] gas prices?

James Oppenheimer oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 23:29:30 UTC 2014

Anything that involves putting limits on Mom or Dad are very rough.  In the
last years of her life, Mom tended to drink more wine. They spoke sternly
to my brother about having trouble awakening her the morning after he had
taken her out.  It was hard for him to admit that Mom had to be limited. I
hated to tell her no to another glass of wine.  We tried to have a bit of
wine diluted in water, and we would talk to the wait staff, who were very
good about deflecting the matter back to one of us if she asked them for
another glass.  But relatively speaking, we've been blessed.  Mom and Dad
were very, very conscientious about making as sure as they could that they
would not be a burden to their children, and it worked out well. I am sad
that Mom lasted so long, but we don't get to choose that stuff.

James W. Oppenheimer
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente