[Magdalen] gas prices?

Lynn Ronkainen ichthys89 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 20:13:48 UTC 2014

Business model, of course, is not pollution but it is it the natural effect
of their enterprise. Corporate producers of air pollution make things that
involve crude oil: gasoline, plastics, chemicals... virtually the backbone
of most other manufacturing needs, who also pollute. Great strides have been
made in many cases and areas to address water pollution, but as we saw in WV
last year, there are still exceptions.

When pollution can be fixed, and if laws have been enacted for that purpose,
they should be enforced.  Back in the day ('70s), NY and CA were the first
to jump on the bandwagon of addressing these problems, TX, for instance has
been fighting them ever since.  Stopping corporate pollution would cost
money  which would certainly be passed on to consumers, but we either pay
for it that way or through illness of ourselves or those who are less
fortunate and cost us money in the long run through health needs, diminished
intelligence... all needs that are then met through our tax dollars... so
once again we ARE paying.

If you are attempting to create a circular argument it fails because it is
quite possible to reduce/eliminate most of the pollution that is created by
producing what is then marketed as another product causing pollution. Right
now the polluters pollute heavily while making products that do the same.
One can be eliminated, the other can only be modified.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck

Thomas Merton writes, “People may spend their whole lives climbing the
ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is
leaning against the wrong wall.”

"What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi