[Magdalen] Need to blow off steam

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 19:53:52 UTC 2014

  We had a Special Vestry today, to formally approve extensive fence
replacement so that we can meet the grant requirement.  Part of this is
a privacy fence to separate the rectory front door and drive from the
much-travelled church parking lot and back door.  When the dust had
settled, the privacy fence didn't make it.  Lines sharply drawn between
those who had been members of the church since the bricks were laid 50
years ago and  were prepared to fight such a thing  up to their dying
breath if ever and whenever the matter comes up again and other more
forward-thinking people who understand everyone's basic need for some
measure of privacy, including our current priest.  Newer members were
appalled by what happened, but what can you do?  I need a drink.

Marion, a pilgrim