[Magdalen] Need to blow off steam

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 23:22:09 UTC 2014

In a message dated 10/26/2014 3:53:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

Part of  this is
a privacy fence to separate the rectory front door and drive from  the
much-travelled church parking lot and back  door. >>>>

The Scranton Latin Rite church is in an increasingly bad  neighborhood.
Gangs began troubling the church rectory and at times the church  itself,
which used to be left unlocked during the day.

The then pastor's solution was to push through his church council
(not difficult in many RC parishes) an 8" chain link fence around the
entire church and rectory property.

It did look odd, and I recall one parishioner remark:  "If they  install
barbed wire on the top of this fence, I'm out of here".

Eventually there was a new pastor, and the fence came down.

David Strang.