[Magdalen] Need to blow off steam

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Sun Oct 26 20:26:33 UTC 2014

I think a lot of my frustration comes from having hung around this diocese for the last 28 years without witnessing the slightest inclination that maybe, just maybe, we need to stop being church and start being the Body of Christ.  The Diocese of Ontario is as hidebound as it gets.  And I am terminally fed up.

As I thought to myself after this meeting, which was too soon after Diocesan Synod: "Is there anything here that I could take to my kids and say, 'here, maybe you should give church a chance'?"  Nope.  Nada.  Nothing.

Oh well.  The Kingdom of God goes on, regardless.  And for the time being, I have a lovely little church for my Vespers worship, and two good madres, and some people I'm fond of.  But I'm outta all church committees, right promptly.  Like choir, they are bad for my serenity.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain