[Magdalen] Computer woes

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 02:30:37 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Charles Wohlers <
charles.wohlers at verizon.net> wrote:

> -
>
> Yes - after all, the drive you bought will have nothing whatsoever on it.
> You'll also have to format it and partition it (if desired). The recovery
> disks (Windows 7?) should cover this. Remove the old drive and replace it
> with the new one.

New disk is in; powered up. Now, I can't get past the first screen.
Software for the mouse is not on, of course. But I can't figure out how to
navigate to get things started. Tab doesn't seem to advance anything, nor
do the ctrl/alt/windows, keys go to the highlighted tab of start now. Enter
button doesn't do anything.

> You'll also need the install disks for all your programs (e. g.,
> MSOffice), and will need to reinstall those.

The recovery disk is supposed to bring things back to factory defaults.

> Backups typically don't back that stuff up - only stuff you've created
> (docs, music, pictures, etc.).

Understand that about the weekly backup.

> And you'll need to set aside a fair amount of time to do all this.
>
> Good luck!
>

> I appear to need the luck.

Thanks

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted