[Magdalen] Insurance/Legal Question.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 04:02:07 UTC 2014

A man whom I have had for many years to do odd jobs (raking, spring
planting, gutter cleaning, etc.) twisted his ankle on the yesterday, and
texted
us that he had stopped at an emergency center today where x-rays  revealed
a fracture of the ankle.  I don't know any other details, but this is
obviously
not a compound fracture.  I can foresee a cast and crutches for  awhile
with this diagnosis.

It should be clear the accident happened on my property.

I thought I would call my home-owners insurance company tomorrow  (USAA),
to get their take on this.

My question is simply, do I have liability for any medical  expenses, and
for his probable temporary disability?  Should I keep quiet if he does  not
ask for some help, or should I offer it?  He has Obamacare  apparenly,
and his only steady work is to care for his elderly mother.  There is  also
the issue of whether he can provide the care for her during his  recovery.

David Strang - Wondering in Pennsylvania.