[Magdalen] Computer woes

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Mon Oct 27 04:02:15 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM, P. Dan Brittain <pdan.brittain at gmail.com>
wrote:

> When I replace the drive, do I try t boot up with the recovery disks?

Depends on your backup system.  Mine (Windows Home Server) has a boot disk
which gets the process started and the essentially re-creates or clones the
old disk on to the new.  It takes a while but once started is fully
automatic.  If you have something similar, it should be easy.

On the other hand, starting from scratch and re-installing your operating
system and programs will give you a new and clean system and might be worth
the time.  You would start with the recovery disk and go from there.

Mike M.