[Magdalen] wildlife and not-so-wildlife report

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 16:13:17 UTC 2014

We rented a cottage awhile ago that was backed by a wooded area. We
could hear the owls conversing after sunset.

One of the neighbors had a handsome tabby, who spent alot of time
sprawled on his picnic table. Fortunately he left a window open so
the cat could easily enter & exit the house. Knowing owls love cats
(not in the same way I do), I worried. But the cat looked healthy
and feisty.

Then one morning, between 2:30 and 3:00, the Drama. Meowing,
screeching, howling, underbrush crashing,  Dear Lord!

But sunrise found the cat snoozing peacefully on the picnic table.
-M