[Magdalen] Snake juice.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 18:28:01 UTC 2014

In a message dated 10/28/2014 1:00:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

I could  have had buffalo/bison every day, as a local
supermarket owned a buffalo  herd and sold lots of the meat in its
stores. Never actually tried it  myself, for some reason. Nor venison,
despite having lived in areas where  deer were well hunted each autumn.

There's a buffalo herd not far from my hometown, and they offer meat
as well as their own cheese with chunks of buffalo imbedded.

https://www.specialtycheese.com/

The only time I recall having buffalo/American Bison steaks was  thanks
to a medical school and residency friend.  I was visiting the Black  Hills
of South Dakota, and he and his wife lived in Rapid City (or as the  natives
say, "Rapid").  The Black Hills are loaded with buffalo.  It was  tasty.

This classmate friend died some years ago of Parkinson's, and I  notice
from my Wisconsin Medical Alumni periodical that he and his wife
donated $1,000,000 to the Neurology Department for Parkinson's
research.  This is a wonderful gift, of course, but it causes me to  wonder
where on earth they came up with that kind of money?  I can't  imagine
it was from dermatology practice in Rapid City, SD.

David Strang.