[Magdalen] Snake juice.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 20:11:56 UTC 2014

In a message dated 10/28/2014 3:47:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

They  carry all sorts of products from the
countries of the former Yugoslavia  (B-H, Macedonia, Slovenia, Serbia,
Croatia, Kosovo...) as well as Romania,  Georgia, and some others.
Oddly, the meat department  >>>>

I was unaware of the apparent extreme mutual dislike the Serbians  have
for the Albanians.  The recent riots during soccer games makes  that
obvious.  There are border disputes between the two.  I suspect,  though,
that much of this Balkan trouble throughout the area is secondary to  the
intrinsic instability of the region thanks to the Turkish invasions in  past
centuries, with resulting Moslem enclaves in a region with a  Christian
majority.  The region is so chopped up with this arrangement, that  it
seems unlikely without another strongman to rein it all in - not that  I'm
in favor of another Tito - the region will not quiet down.

David S.