[Magdalen] Jonas Salk happy birthday

James Handsfield jhandsfield at icloud.com
Wed Oct 29 01:39:31 UTC 2014

I was in the control group in the clinical trials.  I remember being really p*****d when I found out I had to have the series again the next year, that time the real vaccine.

Another note about the Salk vaccine:  one of the major pharmaceutical companies producing the vaccine made a critical and terrible mistake during the trials, and they prepared vaccine had live, wild type virus in it.  Hundreds of children got polio from it.  That company, Cutter, almost went out of business, and did lose the pharmaceutical side.  Now they make camping/outdoors first aid stuff.

“The worst form of corruption is acceptance of corruption.”  Herblock

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net