[Magdalen] Sunday Morning Test

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Sun Sep 7 13:32:52 PDT 2014

One illustration of Brian's comments:

I'm also administrator of a small list on Charles Smith's servers. Once upon
a time one of the AOL folks on the list couldn't figure out how to
unsubscribe, so s/he simply told AOL that the list was spam, which solved
the problem for her. However, since AOL now recognized that this particular
list was spam, it decided that all messages coming out of Charles Smith's
servers were also spam and would be blocked. Charles was not amused, and all
AOL users were permanently banned from that list - all because of one idiot
user and idiotic AOL policies.

Just one reason why internet techs hate AOL with a passion.

Chad Wohlers
East Bridgewater, MA   USA
chadwohl at satucket.com
cwohlers at bridgew.edu