[Magdalen] St. John's Ele`Ele

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 22:29:05 PDT 2014

In a message dated 9/7/2014 11:27:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jhandsfield at att.net writes:

Marvelous Eucharist this morning at St. John’s in West  Kaua`i. >>>
During my one visit to the Hawaiian Islands, the meeting I was
attending was on the Big Island.  I did get a chance to tour
briefly, Maui, and drove completely around the perimeter of Oahu
as well.

On the Sunday, there was a large contingent from the meeting going
over to the Kona Village to a RC church for Sunday services, and I
joined the group who had arranged for a bus from the hotel to the
church.

We were ?amused by the large and enthusiastic parish choir of about
75 voices as they sang native Hawaiian anthems in the style that  involves
a lot of vibrato.

It was a far cry from a Tridentine Solemn High Mass, but way more  fun.

David Strang.