[Magdalen] [Mgdln] (SPAM: ?) Who is your modern 'saint'?

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 05:00:43 PDT 2014

And that reminded me of Paul Robeson, another modern saint.
He was in Sydney while their magnificent opera house was being built, and he paid a visit. He stood on the stage in the unfinished building and sang "Joe Hill" to the workmen there.
I've heard a recording of his singing that, and it's powerful. He was a true Renaissance man--and paid dearly for it...