[Magdalen] Update on Scott the Younger

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:44:07 PDT 2014

Dear Scott,
It is way past wonderful that you have Scott the Younger linked up
with help.  Still, you're in this for the long haul.
He's not going to feel better right away.
His stability is probably going to require some lifestyle and self-care changes.

YOU ARE IMPORTANT TOO!!!  Your needs are important.  Your preferences
for quiet and solitude are legitimate.  You need to look after your
own needs for your own sake and so that you can support your partner.
I know you've said that you have a therapist of your own - work on how
to speak up for what you need.  If you need to do reality checks you
know that you can do it here.  Many people have posted about their own
struggles with this.  We'll be here for you.  I've struggled with how
to balance what I need with what other people can reasonably expect
from me.  Taking stand for my own needs was hard, scary but ultimately
freeing.  It can feel awful to say no but sometimes that's what you
have to say.

I can't, we can't tell you what to do but we care about you very much.

Susan

--
Before enlightenment pay bills, do laundry.  After enlightenment pay
bills, do laundry.