[Magdalen] Keeping fit when old

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:42:56 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Roland Orr <roland at orr55.org> wrote:
> In England there are  dozen, or so, daily newspapers which can be collected
> from the newsagent's or have delivered.
> I am over 80 & walk over half a mile each day to collect my newpaper - I am
> not alone in this  - I could use a bicycle when older

I used to do this to keep motivated for walking. I like reading
printed newspapers and would make myself walk 1/2 mile each way to a
particular shop to buy a paper. Buying it anywhere closer, and buying
a muffin or doughnut with the paper, were prohibited. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA