[Magdalen] Community and the Internet

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:57:50 PDT 2014

I agree with you on the relevance issue, Marilyn, and I'm not suggesting we
shouldn't use technology.  I'm just concerned about the way email is often
used, and I'm not sure how you "teach" supposedly adult folks about
civility if it isn't their natural inclination. Lots of churches in our
diocese have FaceBook pages and other kinds of online forums.  Some youth
groups also have FaceBook pages that are monitored by adult leaders.  Even
those, however, sometimes have real issues about some of what gets posted.
It just seems very tricky to me.
Grace

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

"There are a lot of amazing people out there to be thankful for--
and a loving God. that's what life is about."
                                                                   Robin
Williams,  1951-2014