[Magdalen] Pistorius Trial.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:02:23 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> I had forgotten that South Africa has its own strong regional accent,
> as I keep lumping South Africans in with Aussies and New Zealanders.
> If these five on the news are any indication, my assumptions are
> obviously simplistic.

Some white South Africans will have Afrikaans as first language;
others will sound more British but with a South African accent. Some
vowels spoken by the latter sound similar to a New Zealand accent to
me.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA