[Magdalen] Pistorius Trial.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:08:10 PDT 2014

I had no problem understanding the judge. But then, she sounded very much
like the black South African family I knew in Madison. I have a little more
trouble understanding some white South Africans, but not much. I find most
black South African English very musical.

New Zealand accents are another matter entirely. A woman from New Zealand
was visiting the brother of a friend from church, and the friend brought
both go them along one Sunday. When I was talking with her at coffee hour,
she said "I only came for a wake." It took me a moment to process that she
had said "a WEEK"!