[Magdalen] Fwd: The Almost Daily eMo From The Geranium Farm

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Sep 12 13:42:01 PDT 2014

In a message dated 9/11/2014 12:21:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

On the  other hand, black people and the horrors of slavery simply
don't exist in  Foote's accounts. That's to be expected, but it's also
something to be  aware of.>>>
I love Barbara Grafton's "The Geranium Farm".  Some of her
writing appears frequently in the DioBeth List.

Her discussion reminds me:

Was it in the pages of this list some years ago where there was  a
discussion about how we should look upon those who fought for  the
Confederate cause?  I believe the question was whether these  men
should be "remembered", or additionally "honored".

As I recall, there was no clear answer, and the opinion was  divided
somewhat on geographic location of those responding, but also  on
their political outlook.

David S.