[Magdalen] Fwd: The Almost Daily eMo From The Geranium Farm

James Oppenheimer oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:48:21 PDT 2014

​​
​

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> Was it in the pages of this list some years ago where there was  a
> discussion about how we should look upon those who fought for  the
> Confederate cause?  I believe the question was whether these  men
> should be "remembered", or additionally "honored".
>
> As I recall, there was no clear answer

I would hope we would leave it up to folks to do what seems best to them.
 It's not as if anything we do is going to change anything. Everyone fought
for the cause which they felt was better.

*The Blue And The GrayFrancis Miles Finch (1827-1907)*

*By the flow of the inland river,    Whence the fleets of iron have
fled,Where the blades of the grave-grass quiver,    Asleep are the ranks of
the dead:        Under the sod and the dew,            Waiting the
judgment-day;        Under the one, the Blue,            Under the other,
the Gray......*

*No more shall the war cry sever,    Or the winding rivers be red;They
banish our anger forever    When they laurel the graves of our dead!
Under the sod and the dew,            Waiting the judgment-day,        Love
and tears for the Blue,            Tears and love for the Gray.*

James W. Oppenheimer
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente
​