[Magdalen] prayer request

Michael M. Davis kcpiobaire at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 20:24:33 PDT 2014

Prayers rising!

I have the honor to remain,

Your obedient servant;

Michael M. Davis

Pro 27:2  Let another praise you, and not your own mouth--a stranger, and not your own lips.

On Friday, September 12, 2014 7:50 PM, Jon Egger <revegger at gmail.com> wrote:

Received from my bishop.
+++
Grace & peace,
jon

Dear brothers and sisters of the Diocese of West Missouri,

With happiness and relief I write to share with you how God, and those who
serve us all in the medical profession, have blessed my wife, Donna, and me
in this last week.

No one but the Bishop's staff and a few officers of the diocese were
informed ahead of time, but Donna was recently diagnosed with colon cancer.
Her diagnosis followed the appearance of nagging symptoms which had been
going on for some time. A medical consultation with our regular physician
earlier this month (Thursday, 9/4) was followed by a sigmoidoscopy
(Tuesday, 9/9), which was followed by a polypectomy, which was followed by
a consultation with a surgeon (Thursday, 9/11), which was followed the next
day (Friday, 9/12) by surgery to remove a section of her colon.

>From the first consultation until the surgery was just 8 days, which as
you'll surely realize, is a pretty quick progression. I want everyone to
know, though, that the speed at which this all came down is *not*
indicative of the severity of her cancer. Her cancer was caught very early
on and at a very early stage. With the cooperation of doctors and other
medical personnel, we pressed forward with all speed so her recovery period
(estimated at about 4 weeks before she'll feel fully herself) would be
completed (or nearly so) before our son's wedding in mid-October. She is
adamant that she *will* be with him for his big day - and may the Lord have
mercy on anyone who doesn't do everything in their power to make that
happen!

As of the moment I type this, she is recovering in St. Luke's Hospital of
KC (on the Plaza) and there are no plans for any other procedures or
treatments. The doctors will inform us in a few days of the final pathology
report, but it looks very positive. We hope she'll be released Monday. We
do, of course, solicit your prayers, and thank the few who knew ahead of
time for the prayers they have already so graciously offered on Donna's and
my behalf.

To conclude, we want you to know of Donna's situation, to rejoice with us
that she is doing well, and to be aware that this situation will have a
minor influence on the scope of my ministry for the next few weeks. I will
be able to function; I just have to cut back a bit to care for Donna. If
you have an appointment or event involving me, please cooperate with my
Executive Assistant, Emily Davenport, if she calls to modify my schedule. I
intend to keep most of my commitments, but may not be able to keep them
all. Furthermore, I need to stay flexible, so I may have to make
short-notice calendar changes. Thank you for working positively with the
Bishop's Staff, all of whom will work diligently to pick up any slack.
Please, don't hesitate to call if you need to call.

+Bishop Marty