[Magdalen] Hummingbird delight

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 20:35:49 PDT 2014

In a message dated 9/14/2014 9:06:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
susanvhagen at gmail.com writes:

This  evening I was watering the herbs when a hummer came and hovered
near  me. >>>>

My front deck has been a riot of blooms all summer, and they, plus
the humingbird feeder attracted multiple hummers, male and female.
I've been sitting in the AM with coffee and they are quite tame.

I've stopped filling the feeder, because they keep them here in the
northern mountains too long in the fall for safe flight south.   We're
getting 60 F highs and 40 F lows now, and it feels very autumn-like.

There's hardly any color yet, but it won't be long.

David Strang.