[Magdalen] Dan Conant makes the front page

James Oppenheimer oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:16:02 PDT 2014

What is the solar holler thing?  I wondered.

Quite a remarkable group of folks, as it turns out!

Here's a link to the article that describes their ability to give a
non-profit a solar system (love the sound of that!).  The gathering of many
folks to make all of this happen is remarkable in itself (and is described
here):

http://www.solarholler.com/shepherdstown-presbyterian-church

Now, if you are like me, you might wonder, "Gee, Jim, how can an electric
water heater GIVE energy?" In a few clicks, lo and behold, it turns out the
answer is quite elegant, but basically pretty simple.  Please click on the
link below, and then click on the (one and only) link in that page:

http://mosaicpower.com/maryland-clean-energy-center/

It's really quite a marvelous accomplishment that show solar isn't
imaginary anymore, and with some savvy, it will be shouldering a LOT more
of our country's energy burdens.  And that is awesome.

James W. Oppenheimer
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente