[Magdalen] Temporarily Lutheran

James Oppenheimer oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 22:32:26 PDT 2014

Never will forget the Reformation Sunday, a few years ago, when a pickup
choir did Bach's Cantata (what else could we do on Reformation Sunday?)
"Ein' Feste Burg" at the local German-language Lutheran Church.  It's a
small, aging congregation.  They were very grateful.  I was grateful to
have the opportunity to sing the work as it was intended (minus the seven
hour sermons, of course!).  My, what a marvelous work -- and what a bear of
a piece!

James W. Oppenheimer
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente