[Magdalen] lingering effects of Lyme disease? - The Washington Post

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:39:09 PDT 2014

Post-Lyme syndrome seems about right. I know there's such a thing as
post-herpetic syndrome because my mother had it after a particularly severe
case of shingles. She would have attacks of blinding pain along the nerve
that was affected by the shingles for years afterwards. Since it was on her
face, that made it really difficult. It would go away in a day or so but
come back without warning.