[Magdalen] Whither Scotland?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 18:05:34 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have in recent times taken to requesting a paper ballot. I no longer
> trust "voting machines".

I like using the touchscreen machines, but I don't blame you for not
trusting machines. I probably shouldn't trust them here in Chicago
with what can and has happened in elections. If the touchscreen
machines are all being used, I go with the default, which is a big
card on which you use an indelible-ink pen to complete an arrow next
to each choice, and it gets fed into a reader. I don't know if there's
any way of using a paper ballot that you mark for a human to read and
count.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA