[Magdalen] Whither Scotland?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 10:25:06 PDT 2014

In a message dated 9/19/2014 11:43:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

My  forebears arrived in eastern Ontario in the early 19th
century.>>>
It's my impression that the largest group of settlers of present
day Ontario and Maritimes were Loyalists fleeing the USA American
Revolution
and not direct immigrants to Canada.  Is this correct?

That was the case of my paternal side ancestors who were exiled
to PEI and then when the "coast was clear" a generation or two
later, some migrated back into the USA into Pennsylvania and then
succeeding generations moved west.

There are still lots of Strangs on PEI and in Nova Scotia, and
New Brunswick.

David Strang.