[Magdalen] Whither Scotland?

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:19:02 PDT 2014

I'm married to a daughter of Cajuns from Louisiana. Before there was a Nova
Scotia, the Mi'kmaq were the sole inhabitants. When the French arrived,
many of them married Mi'kmaq and the two lived in what was called Arcadia.
There were quite a few civil wars and wars with New England until The
Treaty of Paris finally ceded the territory to Britain in 1763.
For the previous ten years, the British rid the colony of the French and
Mi'kmaq inhabitants, shipping them to Louisiana or to deep in the forests.
Cajun is a corruption og Acadian.
Having finished this expulsion, Nova Scotia was rid of contamination by
native Americans or French and was free to truly become Nova Scotia.

--
Allan Carr