[Magdalen] This saying No is tough

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:14:58 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> I was occupied in the music area of the parish, and eventually,
> I was drafted into the position of chairman of the annual pledge
> campaign at St. Christopher's --- a very  big misconception that taught
> me to avoid fund-raising like the plague.  This is definitely not my  area
> of
> expertise.

I got into a shouting match (I'm generally far from a shouter, or even
talker) with a rector some years ago about being appointed parish
treasurer. Apparently when I said thank you for considering me and I'd
get back to the rector on Sunday, I was cheery enough that it seemed
OK to project that I was really just saying yes, so I started getting
phone calls from people who needed to talk to the new treasurer, a
couple of days before I even said whether I would accept.

We patched things up, but I think I made it clear I'm not to be
considered a candidate for parish treasurer again!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA