[Magdalen] Grrrr at VCCU

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:49:44 PDT 2014

For years all my bills have been automatically paid by a credit union bill
pay system. For most of them, I don't even get a paper bill but a sheared
down electronic version. I live pretty much moneyless and checkbook less. I
do use a credit card for gas, restaurants and wherever I don't have an
account of some kind.

My present from the credit union, two weeks ago, was a brand new bill pay
system that's obviously a cheaper system. In the process, it lost all the
bill pay accounts which I now have to set up all over again, and there's a
lot of them. The new system doesn't hunt them up based on a few letters of
the biller's name as the old one did. You have to supply the complete
address that the bill and payment is sent to, even if the bill is
electronically paid.

But I don't have these addresses in my file, nor any old bills having these
addresses.

Oddly enough, some places online don't have a link to a PDF of the bill
either. So you have to send them an email requesting that information,
pretty, pretty please.

It's a kindergarten system that assume everyone is just now coming off
paper billing. I'm sure some MBA was sold a cheaper system without any
thought to what the credit union's customers would have to go through.

As well, the cutoff of the old system meant some electronic bills didn't
get paid and just got lost in the vapor somewhere. At 83 and a bit tired, I
don't need this at all. There's no bright way of doing it, It's just hard
slogging work.

Bah humbug!