[Magdalen] our new condo

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 07:02:34 PDT 2014

Roger, I don't know what your options are, but when I was getting ready to go to seminary--where I would spend three years living in a dormitory, I called a used-furniture dealer who came in and gave me a price for the furniture I wasn't keeping. He hauled it all away, and I got some much needed cash. I sold my piano separately to friends.

The other alternative here would be to donate it to Goodwill. They resell it,  refurbishing it as necessary. The proceeds benefit adults with disabilities, and the moving, refurbishing and working in the store provides job training. Shopping at a Goodwill store can turn up some real treasures, including clothing.
I went in a couple of weeks ago and found an ironing board for $2.95! Old, but perfectly serviceable, and I occasionally need one.

Just a couple of ideas...