[Magdalen] our new condo

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 23 09:11:56 PDT 2014

On 23/09/2014 15:02, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> Roger, I don't know what your options are, but when I was getting ready to go to seminary--where I would spend three years living in a dormitory, I called a used-furniture dealer who came in and gave me a price for the furniture I wasn't keeping. He hauled it all away, and I got some much needed cash. I sold my piano separately to friends.

I am planning to contact a dealer or two.  Part of the problem may be
that upholstered furniture needs to conform to a flammability test and a
lot of the furniture does not have the requisite labels - quite probably
because it dates from before the time that this was required.

> The other alternative here would be to donate it to Goodwill. They resell it,  refurbishing it as necessary. The proceeds benefit adults with disabilities, and the moving, refurbishing and working in the store provides job training. Shopping at a Goodwill store can turn up some real treasures, including clothing.
> I went in a couple of weeks ago and found an ironing board for $2.95! Old, but perfectly serviceable, and I occasionally need one.

That's something else I am going to consider.  This is going to be a two
stage process.  The first is to move into the new apartment and the
second is to clear what is left.

Roger