[Magdalen] The Deen controversy.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Sep 23 10:58:40 PDT 2014

From: M J [Mike] Logsdon

>Only because she's back in the news, do I peel away the scab with my questions.

Maybe the lawsuit has been settled and no one has to preen for the lawyers and
the judge anymore?

When the original story broke, my then-employer was about to do a licensed
private label Paula Deen clothing like (like Nike or Yankees or Playboy) for
Wal-Mart. I was the only one in the office who'd heard of the story, and for
that matter, there weren;t three people who'd ever heard of Paula Deen (her
style of cooking does not inspire members of the Hasidic Community :<g>. Aside
from my concerns that our company was incapable of doing business with Wal-Mart,
it was interesting how Wal-Mart pulled out quickly.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie