[Magdalen] The Deen Controversy

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 19:06:57 PDT 2014

In a message dated 9/24/2014 8:19:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
revegger at gmail.com writes:

James  and others, when I think of the astounding changes in cardiology in
the  past 30 years I'm speechless.  I'm sure that if FDR were around  today
he'd have been a much healthier man.  My close friend Herr  Schinkel has an
EF of about 25% and is doing very well on his present  medications.>>>

Very true.

I've noticed the drastic reduction in persons "having spells" in church  and
other such larger gatherings.  When I was a child, it seemed,  especially
in the summer, that there was weekly someone in church "down with a  spell,"
usually cardiovascular in origin.  The local family physician,  nominally
a Methodist, and who lived right across the street from the church,  was
kept busy on Sunday mornings.

My father, who died at 78 in 1958 would have easily survived his
myocardial infarct these days, but in those days there was nothing to
do but hope and pray.

David Strang.