[Magdalen] The Deen controversy.

Don Boyd thedonboyd at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 23 15:23:31 PDT 2014

David "wonder[s] if she [Paula Deen]'s related to the late Jimmy Dean, of
pork sausage  fame?"

Not likely.  Jimmy went (some years earlier) to the same high school
(Plainview, TX) I did, and had family there for at least a couple of
generations.  He made his money as a country/western singer and put the
proceeds into starting the sausage bidness in the same town after he got
tired of touring with his band.

I would rather listen to Jimmy sing (and I never liked his singing) than eat
Paula's cooking or listen to her faux-folksy chatter.

Don in Austin