[Magdalen] The Deen controversy

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 23:57:09 PDT 2014

When I came at 14 from Canada, I swore a lot but it wasn't racist. Not long
after I started high school here as a sophomore someone asked me not to
swear using Jesus Christ. I was quite surprised but remembered it.

In the segregated US Army later on, I'm not sure what words I may have used
or what jokes i may have laughed at. Those were days when every ethnic
background was made fun of.

I'm not about to apologize for being born too early.

--
Allan Carr