[Magdalen] The Deen controversy

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 06:52:41 PDT 2014

My parents were both raised in Missouri; their parents came from,
respectively, Missouri, Kentucky, Illinois, and Michigan. I once used the
N-word in front of my mother at the age of 4 and got my mouth washed out
and a very serious talking-to. It was considered as a serious as the f-bomb
in our family and was not to be used under any circumstances.