[Magdalen] This saying No is tough

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 21:38:07 PDT 2014

I, of course, have no idea what the paid person's schedule looks like
in Scott's parish, but it might be similar to the 55-70 hours I've
put in each week this year and dealing with items like the volunteer
who fails to get group events scheduled more than two weeks in
advance, then expects *immediate* full coverage: on website, in
enewsletter and paper monthly, promos on our display monitors,
leaflets, etc., then takes two more days to approve said pieces with
a snarky, "...I didn't get my sphinx," when said event, speaker, nor
group has anything to do with a sphinx except that the subject is old
which I *obviously* should have known meant sphinx themed; or, the
latest round of baby boom retirees from executive positions who
expect all the un-collared in the office are now at their beck and
call, and they "just need these notes typed up for tonight's
meeting", or ask, "What program makes all those nice graphics you
use? I want some for this report. What do you mean you 'create' them?"

I *hope* I would ask a volunteer, "What can I do to help you with the
schedule? May I proof it on Thursdays for you?" but, tonight (11:15
p.m., just finished weekly enewsletter to go out in the morning) I
can't say for sure.

Love one another.

Peace,
Jo