[Magdalen] Faculty Strike at General Theological Seminary

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 27 14:29:09 PDT 2014

On 27/09/2014 20:45, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> Can't comment, since I know nothing about the situation. However, I can only believe that things must be very bad for this action to be taken.

I agree that something is badly wrong and that it seems from the letter
as if "the proper channels" have failed to resolve the issue.  The
Trustees will obviously have dealings mostly with the Dean and Principal
so their independence must be questioned.  I assume that GTS is
answerable to somebody outside their management structures, possibly the
Presiding Bishop, in order for it to be recognized as an appropriate
training institution for TEC ordinands.

This side of the pond we would call that person the Visitor but
essentially they are the Ordinary with rights of performing an official
Visitation to investigate any significant issues and to direct what
should happen.  For the sake of the student body currently training at
GTS I would suggest urgent action is needed, and that is best instigated
by the person or body which credentials GTS.

Roger