[Magdalen] Back to school today (+).

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 29 13:24:34 PDT 2014

Everett returned from his weeklong stay in Oregon yesterday, and the visit with extended Santana family was both enjoyable and instructive (in that he'd never encountered these people as a thinking "near-adult" previously).  That was good.

Then this morning happened.  I can only say that it started well, at home, with him merely wondering how well he'd survive the day "jet lag"-speaking.  Then, he got to school.  I won't give details except to say he was uncharacteristically late to class (30 second or so, no big deal), and then, according to his teacher, began an approx hour-long Narcissism Show, causing way more trouble then he's ever caused yet in his so far 2.25 years in that classroom.  His teacher, via phone with me, was good-natured about the whole ordeal, believing that by that time (an hour in) the worst of it was over; but hearing the litany of what had happened in just the hour prior really depressed me, nearly made me sick.  All the more reason to remain thankful he's still very much a part of a special ed program geared toward the "emotionally disturbed".  I'll talk with him about it later only if he brings it up; if he doesn't I'll just allow the day to have been punishment enough.