[Magdalen] GTS

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 08:45:56 PDT 2014

In a message dated 9/30/2014 10:58:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

And the  "strike" seems to have a certain element of "We're going to hold
our
breath until you stop being so mean!">>>>

I think the only thing clear in this mess is that there can be no
real winners:

(1) In this scenario, the Dean and the faculty dissidents come to
     some sort of middle ground and remain in  place.  I don't see how
     there can ever be trust on either side, and the  wounds would be
     very slow, if not impossible to heal.

(2) The Dean resigns leaving the faculty intact.  Pity the new Dean
      who must step over the war injured and  attempt to be leader.

(3)  The Dean resigns and the dissident faculty resignations are  also
       accepted, leaving a residual  carry-over faculty of three.  A
       qualified and dedicated replacement  faculty would be difficult
       to put in place to say the  least.

Are there other options?  I can't think of any.

David Strang - who thanks the Lord that I didn't end up at Nashotah
                        Seminary, which was close to happening.