[Magdalen] GTS

James Handsfield jhandsfield at icloud.com
Tue Sep 30 10:55:32 PDT 2014

I agree in part, Jim.  But there are also statements indicating autocratic and unilateral decisions made by Fr. Dunkle that upended much of the day to day tradition of GTS, such as eliminating daily MP and EP and daily Eucharist, and putting them on a rotating schedule.  I don’t know what academic changes Fr. Dunkle was making, if any.

Seems to be intransigence on both sides, but most academics will tell you that a president/dean who does not listen and engage the faculty in coming to decisions will lead to a breakdown of that academic community.  That’s what it looks like from my perspective.

Thinking one can behave their way into heaven is an insult to the very foundation of salvation.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net